Tuesday, December 11, 2007

If a tree falls and no one is around, it still makes a sound

If there is a tree left standing...I'll be shocked. I can not believe that ice can snap limbs like trees. It's crazy! I had a limb fall on my car. I don't think there is any damage, but I'll keep you posted. I did take pictures but my camera is at home.

So, I have no power. Dave has no power. Parent's have no power. Friends have no power. Dave's parent's HAVE power. Awesome!! Slept there last night. (and no we did not sleep in the same bed.)

So, went driving around with Dave, Rachel, and Matt last night trying to find fire wood. We went to Lowe's, shockingly they were out. We went to Rib Crib, but it was frozen to the ground. We went to my old rent house (because the detached garage has firewood), but the new renter was outside cutting limbs. Went to a house that Matt and Rachel thought about buying, but there was a car in the drive way. We gave up and went to Reasor's for beer. Matt and Rachel came out with:
  • Beer
  • chips
  • tape
  • aluminum foil
  • and STARTER LOGS!!!

Side note: while waiting for the boys to come home, Rachel and I were discussing how to keep heat in. We opted for foiling the windows. It helps, I promise.

So last night, we drank, played spades (I was on the winning team!), and hung out by the fire. The boys got to play survivor and drag in limbs and start a fire. It turned out to be pretty fun.

No comments: