Friday, December 18, 2009
- The guy that was offered a raise after only working here 90 days and still asked for more money.
- The same guy for threatening to quit if doesn't get more money. You know what? I didn't make your poor financial decisions, why do I have to get you out of it? You knew how much you'd be making when you took the job. That wasn't a secret!
- The ungrateful student who tore up his award right in front of the President because he didn't think it "was good enough." FU you little sh*t head.
- The insurance company for raising my premiums $50 a month (which makes it over $200/month) and then offering a 2% discount for not smoking. Gee thanks.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Here are the Rules:
- Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it. Thank you Andrea at The Snorthing Gigglesaurus! I've known Andrea pretty much the majority of my life and am amazed at how she's grown into a beautiful mature woman and mommy!
- Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
- Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
- Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
- I have no idea what I want from Christmas. I know I spent a whole post complaining about what to get people and how I'm out of ideas. I believe my stumped gift giving stems from the fact I have no clue what I want. I think it's because, wait for it...I'm satisfied; which is a very bizarre feeling for me. (At least in regards to material things) Weird.
- I ordered all my gifts online this year. I've received two so far. I'M FREAKING OUT!! Please UPS deliver the gifts so I don't have to go to the dreaded mall.
- The general public annoys the piss out of me. I try to avoid places like movie theaters on opening night, malls during the holiday season, etc. However, I love concerts and the people do not bother me. Maybe because we're all singing?
- I'm allergic to the cold. I break out in hives and get all itchy. I typically hate cold weather. Yet, I've been "running" in freezing temperatures.
- My outfit to run in freezing temperatures consists of: two pair of socks, long johns, running pants, tank top, long john top, short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt (yes, twice), two pairs of gloves, ear warmers, and knitted hat. I may or may not look similar to this.
- This is the first Christmas that I will not be spending with my family. Typically I see my parents at some point and this year it just wasn't possible to see both families on Christmas. So my family is getting together on Sunday. It’s just not the same.
- I have been at work before 7:00am twice this week. That deserves some kind of award right?
- Growing up I always opened my stocking gifts first. Dave always did his last. We argue every year which way to do it and have always stuck with our own traditions so far.
- I'm really looking forward to a few days off and getting out of town. However, I really want a big trip. One that requires a passport and 7 days off.
- I'm going to break rules 3 & 4 and let those that want to join the fun do it.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
We had our Company Christmas Party on Saturday. It was fun, but there were some things that probably shouldn't happen in front of your boss:
- When the dance floor is practically empty, it’s not appropriate to run up behind someone and hump them.
- Passing out on the table.
- Giving a lap dance to your significant other.
- Getting so drunk that you fall down, puke, and twist your knee.
- So drunk that you hurt your knee and have to be carted off in a wheel chair.
- Starting a fight in the elevator with the CEO.
Ahh the holidays, they're magical right? Thankfully, I was only the victim of #1.
I received a blog award that I promise I'll post. Soon.
Friday, December 11, 2009
What do you get a mother who's not going to like anything you get her, but refuses to give you clues for something she might actually like? I'm thinking about giving a best buy gift card. I know its impersonal, but she's not giving me anything to go on!
Also, we're doing stocking stuffers for the hubs family. WTH! Three men and two women and a 3 year old. We already got the three year old a gift, but guess what? Same gift bought by the grandma.
Shouldn't Christmas be about the holidays? Family time? Not expressing your love through gifts? Ideas for gifts welcome.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- I pull my welders, also known as 3rd grade little girls, into my office and told them that I expected them to communicate to each other, work together, and get over this squabble. If they didn't feel they could do this then some adjustments to the team were going to be made. They're now working together and talking.
- I got my hair done! I love hair did days. It always puts a little pep in my step.
- I did my own banner. Did you see it? You probably can't miss it since its a picture of a flame. It's not special or cool like most of yours, but its better than nothing right?
- My company Christmas party is tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I want to wear the same dress I wore last year or get a new dress. I'm leaning towards new dress that I could also wear out for New Year's Eve.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Actual email sent from employee:
Blaze, I just wanted you to know that the shop looked awesome. :) it was super clean and my students and I greatly appreciate it ,since the other welder acting like a little girl and I are not talking I was wondering if you could pass a thank you on.
Welder who won't talk to coworker therefore is acting like a 3rd grader
Seriously? This is management?
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
This visit was different since I had to deal with one man who didn't think he should talk to me since I didn't have a penis. Seriously, he would barely speak to me even when I asked him a direct question. Either I charmed him or he decided I wasn't so incompetent that I could read and that I did know what was going on at the school. Surprisingly, he warmed up to me, realized I am capable of understanding policies (regardless if they're automotive related or not).
I'm tired, but I think I'm going to celebrate with an adult beverage.
Monday, November 30, 2009
I hate the fear of failing. The anxiety of whether or not you’re good enough for something; its heart wrenching. Granted, while I don’t like it, I’ve never died from failing. Embarrassing? Yes. But, I can look back at all my failures and see exactly what I could have done better.
My earliest failures have to do with cheerleading. For those that don't know, I cheered for 10 years. I failed several times at cheerleading. I almost didn't became a cheerleader. I originally tried out my 7th grade year. All you had to do was go out in front of judges by yourself and do the cheer. I cried and said I didn't want to do it. Eventually, I was talked into it and pushed out in front of the judges. I cried myself through the cheer. I bolted out the door the moment I was done. I repeated this event my 9th grade year when trying out for the JV squad in high school. Our tryouts were open to the public and anyone could watch. I, of course, drew number one. I did it and survived and even made the squad, but not without the tears.
My senior year I lost the votes for cheer captain. That one was a blow to the ego. I had assumed I would be the natural leader. I cried and eventually quit the squad to focus solely on my all-star squad. It was immature and unsupportive. I wasn't a good leader since I assumed it was my role and expected others to follow. It took several years to see that I wasn’t chosen because of my assumption. My last semester of high school I was invited and tried out to be on cheer staff for a cheerleading organization. I didn't make staff. It probably had something to do with the fact that I had no idea what to expect and I was a nervous wreck. I dressed like I was going to practice, I barely talked during the interview, and displayed little confidence.
Also, in high school I ran for Vice-President of Student Council and lost. That stung, but looking back I was the underdog the whole time. I was just too blind and confident to notice. Again, the leadership qualities come back. I didn't know what it was that made someone a leader.
College brought on a whole other round of failures. Realizing that my brain is not as smart as classmates. Having to retake chemistry not twice, but three times. Getting fired from a job because I felt I was smarter than the boss. (Smarter? Maybe. Power over the boss? Definitely not.) Learning you truly get out what you put into, therefore if you put nothing in you get nothing in return. While some of these lessons only took once to learn, others like Chemistry took a couple more attempts.
I’m not sure what prompted a blog about my failures. Maybe the fact that I have an accreditation visit I feel that I’m under prepared for. Maybe because I’m itching for something new but scared I’ll fail. Maybe to reflect back and realize that learning from these only made me stronger.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Did I tell you I have so much to do? I was motivated until the project I picked to do turned out to already be done. (I'm so efficient I forgot that I did work.) Then my motivation went to crap and I'm thinking about other stuff, like what wine I want to stock my wine cooler with. Or how I could use tomorrow to find another pair of cute shoes that I'm sure I'm going to need in the very near future. Or find a purse since I haven't purchased a purse in what feels like a decade.
Alas, I have deadlines that should be able to wait till after the holidays, but my dumbass decided to book an accreditation visit for the WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING! I suck and need an assistant who plans better than this crap.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Oh and my mom dropped a bombshell on me last night. The hubs and I may or may not be hosting my side of the family for Thanksgiving. How do I prepare for that?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- I'm enrolled for graduate courses. It's been 7 years since I've been in school and I'm 100% sure I'm dumber for being in the real world. I hope I can hang with scholars again.
- The Internet has diagnosed me with Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- I got to use my power of authority today by denying a student readmission into school. Take that asswipe for blatantly not likely me for being a women in an authoritative position.
- I bought a sweater dress and love it!! It's fuchsia, my favorite color word.
- Sarah Palin is doing interviews again. Why? She's obviously had better coaching, but I don't understand the motives? I can't stand to watch the interviews so I haven't done enough research to figure out why she's back in the spot light.
Monday, November 16, 2009
I had a great weekend in St. Louis. Maybe that's why I'm cranky? Since I spent all day driving back to T-town in the rain. Regardless, the weekend was great. The wedding was everything the bride wanted it to be. And even better, it was the last one of the year!!
It was a catholic ceremony and during the homily the Priest discussed a passage in Tobit about Sara and Tobias. It was Sara's 7th marriage because all of her previous husbands were killed by demons on the wedding night. So the Priest talks about other demons that can kill the marriage, like demon of laziness, demon of busyness, and demon of CONTRACEPTION. I swear he yelled it. He then went off about how contraception puts material walls between the marriages. It was just a touch over the top for a wedding ceremony.
I think today I just don't like people. Do you ever get that way? I feel like this is an only child syndrome. Growing up I spent a lot of time by myself. I was able to decompress and be alone without someone asking me my every thought. I don't think I was able to do that this weekend and therefore, everyone is pissing me off. This is one of the hardest parts about marriage for me. There are just times I need to be alone and he really doesn't get it. He takes it personally and tries even harder to spend time with me, i.e. actually laying on me. Then I get pissed off that he's laying on me and not leaving me alone. Sigh. Hopefully this mood will pass quickly.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Now I just need night stands, a fan, and other decorative items...
Monday, November 9, 2009
The rules for this one are simple; just share five things you are obsessed with, and then pass the award on to five of the most fabulous blogs you read!
- Decorating my bedroom. It's been painted and its VERY blue. I hung curtains and I'm working on the head. Will post pics hopefully later this week.
- My iPhone. This piece of technology amazes and entertains me daily.
- Fantasy Football. I was doing so well and now all my players are hurt.
- Reality TV - especially Biggest Loser, RR/WR The Ruins, The FoodNetwork Challenges
- Not eating pizza. Dave and I eat pizza probably 3 times a week with the ready made dough that you just have to top and put in the oven for 7 minutes. Its quick and easy and we eat it way too often. So far, we've gone one full week without any pizza.
Five Fabulous Bloggers
- I love Guiness - when she blogs!
- Joyfully Gray - who isn't more fabulous then Lucia?
- A Little of What you Fancy Does you Good - did you see the great cake for CJ? That's deserves an award of its own!
- Adventures in Mommyhood - because Parker got his dancing skills from his mama
- Miss Priss Does a Blog - have you seen Sir Henry - too cute!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
- I had one my employees tell me that his goal was to have my job.
- I have a Halloween costume!! If my camera is working I promise to post pics.
- It was discovered that two school owned property items were vandalized. I'm pissed off!
- I've already had one St@rbucks apple cider and I'm trying really hard to convince myself that two in one day is excessive.
- I've applied to a Master's program. I'm a bit freaked out, but much more excited. If everything goes according to plan then I'll start classes in January!
- OMG I have to fill out the FAFSA again!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
A great friend got married on Saturday. She'll amazing beautiful and in love and I'm so excited for her! I took few pictures so I'll try to grab some off of facebook once their posted. The bridesmaids made these super cute t-shirts that we wore to the after party. Several of us went to Oktoberfest before hand and kept getting ask where the bachelorette party was. Their faces were so disappointed when we told them it was wedding. However having a bachelorette party could be the best or worst idea ever.
Sunday was super chill. However, I discovered St@rbucks hot apple cider. I know I'm behind the times; I just didn't realize what I was missing. Seriously, its heaven in my mouth and I don't know how I survived without it.
Halloween this weekend...what to be, what to be?? I was this 2 years ago and let's be honest, that's a bit hard to top...
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
St. Lucia because I'm owed a trip. Here's why.
Europe because I can't just pick one country I want to see.
Australia because Aussies are so sexy and the land is beautiful and I really really want to go.
Now I really want a vacation. A vacation that requires a passport. Hmm...I think I'm going to go do some vacation research.
Monday, October 19, 2009
The sun is out in T-town and it's supposed to be above 70! Have a great Monday.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Seriously, I'm so jealous of people who can perfectly recall items, quotes, sentences, what they did last night without hesitation. I feel like I'm always riffling through my mind files just trying to find the right one which was probably mislabeled leading me in another direction entirely and by that time I've forgotten what I was even looking for. It's pathetic and I wish I had a better memory.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
It was freezing in KC. So I wore my Atlanta sweatshirt and was called Hotlanta all night. Even by strangers. They would just walk up, "hey Hotlanta."
If you want a fun way to support cancer research, I highly suggest this.
First bar. We've gotta pace ourselves.
This is on our way to the second bar. Buff (bottom) did demand that this guy sit on his lap. It made for a funny bus ride and loads of jokes for the rest of the evening.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
- Grabbing guests and demanding that they stand during the first dance is not appropriate. If you want something to happen, kindly request it, most guests will gladly oblige.
- Telling the guests they are not important is not nice. We get it; we're not the bride or the groom, but we are here to support them and they thought we were important enough to be invited.
- Telling the bride to cut her pictures short so the cocktail hour can be cut short is not ok. Believe it or not, the pictures are quite important since they'll represent the memories that are being created that day.
For the Mother of the Brides:
- Telling the guests to go ahead and eat without the bride and groom arriving makes for a very awkward situation when you're the guest in line at the buffet as the couple makes their first entrance as Mr. and Mrs.
- It is indeed the bride's day. The couple's day. That's why this whole get together is happening. Everyone that day wants to make her and him happy. Don't tell the bride on her wedding day that its not her day.
For the Aunts:
- It's never appropriate to yell at a guest or bridesmaid. If it doesn't envolve the bride being on fire you don't need to yell.
For the Guests:
- Never, never ask the bride to find you a ride home. You may be drunk, but she doesn't need to be worrying about your drunkass.
- If you wear a lace top without a bra everyone will see your nipples. Therefore, you will be nicknamed Nipples all night. Cover them up please.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.
Here we go!
- I love marathons. Love them! TV shows, books, whatever. This is probably the reason why I watch so many reality shows; most networks replay the shows as a marathon and then I get hooked. If I start it I have to finish it. It becomes an obsession. About a month ago I discovered Janet Evanovich's the Stephanie Plum novels. There's 15 of them and I finished them in about a week and half.
- I like going to the dentist. That feeling of having your teeth newly cleaned is one of my favorite things.
- If you know me in real life, you know that I hate bugs. I'm scared of them. Especially flying or jumping ones. I swear they're out to attack me.
- I've joined a fantasy football team. Dave is definitely helping me, but so far I'm doing pretty good and its fun!
- I hate handling things over phone. It seriously frustrates the hell out of me. I think I speak better in person and make my point more clearly when I do it face to face rather than on the phone.
- I love old shows like I Dream of Jeannie and I love Lucy.
- I kill all house plants. Including a bamboo plant. Granted it took me 5 years to officially kill, but I finally did.
Now my nominees!
- Andrea at Miss Priss Does a Blog. She just had baby Henry, so she probably has other things she wants to blog about, but I still think she deserves the award.
- Bethany at Adventures in Mommyhood.
- Joy at Emotional Diva.
- Jessie at I Love Guiness.
- Carrie at After All the Folderol.
- Rachel at Yes, I have a blog.
- Kat at Team Hills.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Work is crazy busy which is why I haven't had a chance to blog. One cool thing that's going on right now is we're showcasing one of Darryl Starbird's custom car. Its a '51 Mercury that he did custom fabrication on. It's pretty sweet, even if you're not into cars. Here's a pic and that's Darryl Starbird himself. If you don't know who Darryl Starbird is, he's famous for making custom cars. He has a muesum at Grand Lake.
The Britney concert was amazing! If you get an opportunity to go, go. Seriously, she knows how to put on a show. My camera did not take good pics so I'm not even going to post them. The lights really messed with my camera and I couldn't find a good setting. We did see several tranny's. One had on a nice ring leader out fit that cut off at the midriff and was all sequins. It was awesome.
Kelly's shower is this weekend!! I'm excited. I'm hosting so hopefully, things go smoothly. We're going shopping for food and stuff tonight. And between now and 8pm tomorrow I need to clean my house.
I'm running the fun run at the Race for the Cure on Saturday morning. Let's hope I don't die. We did a little bit of running during bootcamp and I my sides started cramping after 5 steps. So, dying really is a possibility. But if Matt can do a 10 min mile drunk, I think I can survive a fun run.
Monday, September 14, 2009
My weekend began with a few of my friends and hubby deciding to do a bootcamp. I was forced to participate because my husband is heading it up and it would look like I wasn't supporting him sitting at home on the couch while he was working out my friends. So for the first time in about a year I got dressed and worked out. I'm in so much pain its not even funny. We worked out with probably 8 other people and I think they were expecting more out of me then what I could give. Apparently being the wife of trainer implies that I too enjoy working out. Which is the opposite. There was another wife of a trainer there and she definitely gave me a bad name since she was all in shape and acted like the workouts were doing were not a big deal. The whole time I thought I was going to throw-up or die. Though neither happened.
So after bootcamp and laying on the couch for a few hours I went to the TU watch party. It was fun. Very crowded, but it was exciting to be around genuine TU fans. I was with the group that was the last to leave. We looked up and everyone was gone, including the wait staff. The security guard came over and said they wanted to lock up. We were like, "oh ok, we're not sure how we missed everyone leaving." Eh, it happens right?
Sunday was a lazy day. Mainly because I couldn't move due to bootcamp. I'm still in pain and some how I'm supposed to show back up and do more workouts. We'll see. I may not want to be in too much pain for the Britney Concert which is tomorrow!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
- Drinking with 5 hour energy drink will cause you to stay up way too late, i.e. 4am.
- I'm too old to remember the rules to asshole.
- I'm not too old to find asshole funny.
- Drinking Project Runway is hilarious. We used the words design, style, bitches, and Ra'mon's interviews.
- It takes me days to recover from binge drinking.
- I'm in love with the Biscuit Acres, the dog park. I feel like I'm doing something with the dogs only I'm not the one running around and wearing myself out. It's amazing.
- Watching Glee, the new Fox show, is hilarious. Either because it really is that funny or because I was still hyper from the 5 hour energy drink.
- I did not have a hangover from the binge drinking which I believe is due to the 5 hour energy drink and it's million percent serving size of vitamin B.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Because curious minds want to know why my morning is falling into the disaster category:
- Receptionist out sick again today so I get to play her role along with running the school.
- Female student claims a male student is sexually harassing her.
- Expel male student for sexual harassment.
- Students in an uproar because they found out they must pay off their school account in order to receive their graduation items.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
My work week was from hell. And when Friday rolled around and I didn't get out of work until after 5 I was ready to unwind. So I crashed Matt and Rachel's date at ITR. I had a beer and crab dip and then we decided to drink back at their place. I showed Matt how to hook up his Wii to the Internet (you're welcome Rachel) and Matt and I played Mario Kart through Nintendo World on a Friday night. Yes we're that cool. Dave showed up by this point and we decided to play a drinking game. This of course lead to Drinking Cesar Millan. Which by the way will get you f-ed. Try the words dog, Cesar, pack, dominate, ssstttt, and rehabilitate. I finished three beers during one show and we watched two shows.
So after Cesar we discussed the bet that Rachel and Matt have going. I'm not going into details but if Matt runs and finishes a 5K race he gets a well deserved month long reward. This bet has been in place for about 6 months and he has yet to attempt to achieve it. So that night Matt some how got it in his head that he could make the same bet, only if he ran an 8 minute mile that night. So Dave and I cheered this idea on. Matt got dressed, I cursed at myself for not having a camera and we loaded into the car. This is where Rachel smacks her head as she's getting into the car and knocks herself out for a few seconds. She laid herself out in the yard. I don't think she was seriously hurt, because when she got up she still wanted to see Matt run his 8 minute. Matt ran his mile in 10 min 5 sec. I was 1) impressed he actually did it and 2) surprised he didn't throw up on himself.
Friday night wore me out so I didn't do anything on Sat and Sun.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
- That I haven't killed myself this week. It's been tempting since work has been hell with Monday's shenanigans and an employee quitting without notice on Wednesday, and the students being their super fun grumpy selves.
- Nala, who decided to jump the fence and tear her dewclaw. It only cost me $230 to get it clipped. Because of this the vet tech informed me of the no jump harness. It looks like a torture device, but its suppose to keep them from fully extending their legs, thus not allowing them to jump as high. I'm pretty tempted to order one and see if it'll work. It's cheaper than the static mat, so that's a plus. Knowing Nala, she'll still make it over the fence.
- My husband. We had a conversation last night about what the most annoying thing is about each other and whether or not we thought we could live the rest of our lives with this. Of course this conversation lead to our favorite sports team before either of us good divulge the most annoying thing.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Friday: Kelly surprised me with tickets to the Sugarland/Keith Urban concert. Her fiance bailed and I was glad to step in as her date. It was a blast. We danced and sang and drank and ohh'd and ahh'd at hunky Keith. We had awesome seats too!
When I got home from the concert I woke up my husband who fell asleep right after I left. My living had been trashed. I seriously thought we got robbed while he was sleeping. But after the initial shock that we didn't actually get robbed, we realized that the dogs decided they wanted to haul everything out of a Goodwill bag and chew it up. They also chewed up my UTI medicine. They left a nice yellow stain on the carpet and both dogs have yellow stains on their fur. I was tipsy enough to not care and I think hubby cleaned up the mess.
Saturday: Hubby and I cleaned house. We did laundry AND put it away. We've gotten into the habit of doing the laundry and not folding it and then somehow it ends up back on the bedroom floor and we couldn't tell if had been worn or not and then we just assumed it was all dirty because it had been sitting on the floor.
That night we went out with Rachel and Matt with their Arkansas friends. I was crabby because the hubby woke me up from my nap and talked me into going out. I'm glad he did. Because if I would've stayed home I would not have seen people hula hooping in front of me at dive bar. That was entertaining, annoying, and funny all rolled into one. It was past one when this started and it only got annoying when one girl did it and kept bragging about her hula hooping skills while saying she's never hula hooped before. I called BS and grabbed the hula hoop and made the little not-yet-twenty-one-year-old stop hula hooping so she would move along and try other attempts at flirting with some douche bag. She gave me an annoyed look and I shrugged and told her that only the first minute was free.
Sunday: I slept, read, and watched my hubby play NCAA '10.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Me: Welcome crazy car lady! We're so glad you and your cars are here!
Crazy Car Lady (CCL): Why thank you Teresa's assistant! I want to introduce you to my 10 assistants.
Me: Well, it was certainly nice to meet all of your assistants. As you know, I'm the director of the campus and we're just so excited to have you here with us today.
CCL: Oh, Teresa's assistant you're too kind. My assistants are like what you are to Teresa, they assist me.
Me: That's great Crazy Car Lady. I'm glad you have your 10 assistants to help you. Teresa only has one assistant and it's not me. Because as you know I run this school.
CCL: I'm so lucky to have my 10 assistants. I'm sure Teresa feels the same way about you since you assist her so much!
Me: Yep, that's why I have Campus Director on my name badge!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
I read all of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. These are the books that the series True Blood is based off. They're good, but you have to just accept the novel as is. Which is awesome when you just want to escape reality.
I want to host Prom. Seriously. Where people come in Prom dresses and dance. I just don't know where to begin. I know my living room is big enough for a dance floor. I think I need to get a Prom planning committee together. The theme is Under the Sea. I can't remember what my high school prom theme was, but the colors were silver and black. I'm thinking these prom colors should be pool blue and fuchsia. What do you think? What other prom theme things can I do?? Do you want to come?
Monday, June 22, 2009
I also had a student come to school drunk. Mind you I might have done this in college too, but I also did not start classes at 7:00am nor did I choose a field that required heavy machinery, nor did I drive to school. He assured me it was from what he drank last night and did not have time to change clothes. I really wanted to tell him that I've been to college and there is no masking the smell of drunkenness. He also drove his daughter to daycare. We held him until 12pm and since his blood alcohol level was below the legal limit this morning we could not contain him this afternoon.
How's your Monday going?
Oh! I got Britney tickets!! So excited!!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
In other news, I don't really have other news. July should be very exciting. Going to Norman to see Harry Potter, lake (hopefully twice), and maybe a wedding. The wedding is out of town and the hubby keeps flipping back and forth between going and not going. If we decide on not going then I'm going to my high school reunion. So, we'll see.
Monday, June 8, 2009
For starters I'm not going to my high school reunion. Dave and I have a wedding that we must go and show our support and it's out of state. So that was resolved rather easily.
I just saw a commercial for Latisse. The one where Brooke Shields is the spokesperson. Well Latisse happens to grow eyelashes. I knew a girl in middle school who plucked all of her eyelashes and they didn't grow back until after high school. They were never the same. I'm curious if Latisse would've worked for her. I always wanted thicker lashes, but is it worth it for the side effects of skin darkening, eye irritation, dryness of the eyes, and redness of the eyelids? I think I'll just stick with the mascara.
That is all.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
In other news, yesterday sucked. But was brightened by the fact that I'm going to see Kathy Griffin Live this summer!! So excited! Rachel and I are already plotting how we can meet her and make her our friend. All suggestions are welcome.
ANTM finale? Anyone watch it? I can't believe awkward can't walk if her life depended on it Allison made the final two. It made it a very predicable winner. Oh well, can't wait till cycle 13 where the shorties get a chance to show they can handle Tyra's criticism about light hating their face and how if they can't smile with their eyes they'll never take a good picture.
And Biggest Loser! I'm so glad Tara did NOT win. She looked good, but I mean hasn't she won enough with winning all but one challenge? And what a surprise about Jerry! So happy! Poor Bob, he'll get a winner eventually. Maybe?
Monday, May 11, 2009
GFHS is still facebook messaging me. It's lost all of its entertainment.
Mother's day was hectic. I hope all the momma's had a great day! I sent my mom purple tulips and Dave and I took her and my dad to lunch. We then came home and cleaned the house and had his parents over for dinner. It was fun family time but I was wiped out by 9pm.
So I need suggestions for reading material.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
GFHS: U see the HOLY BIBLE says that religion defiles a man. that means that it is bad. Look I care because JESUS cares. Iam worred about u and your soul. And your husands. Have u ever bin to a spirit filled church. Iwant to challege u and go to one and tell me what u thank. TRhe frist time went. It cared the daylights out of me. but the morte Iread the bilbe the more Iunderstand it. And now Iam filled with and LET me tell u nit is the best thing that ever happen to me. Ihave go back to work WHEN i get back I will explain to u. PLEACE DON'T LET THIS STOP FROM TALKING TO ME.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Guy from high school: This Nick S____ WAS U ON THE SWIMM TEAM AT EASTCENRAL. If so do u remamber me.
Me: Yes I do! How are you?
GRHS: I am sooo BLESS that is page can not hold the blessing. I have a great wife and three boys that GOD has BLESS me with. I have miss death this year i got poison form a forcklift and a other guy did too and he is steal alive. The nurse told me that Iam not supose to be here. But the LORD has a plan for my wife and me . we are going to become missionary's.If u have a myspace page .Here is my url http: // www.myspace.com?christcustoms. Go here and I will except u and go to my pics and look at them there are some of are frist missionary trip. To malaysie. How have are u doing.
GFHS: So don't take this the rong way. i have never herd of a cathlic CHRISTAIN. How do they worship marry or JESUSCHRIST. DO u belive in the HOLYSPIRIT.
Me: We don't worship Mary. When we pray to her or the other Saints it basically asking for their help with the prayer. Like asking mom to talk to dad for you, or asking them for the added strength. We don't believe their Gods just someone else that's up there to help us. Of course we believe in the Holy Spirit. The reason we cross ourselves before prayer is the reminder of our Heavenly Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Does that help answer your question?
GFHS: Why do u pray to marry.
Me: We ask her to pray for us. Similar to asking a loved one to pray for us.
GFHS: Do u belive in getting filled with the spirit.
Me: Are you curious about my choice of religion or are you worried about my soul?
Monday, May 4, 2009
- I have read the Twilight saga twice in a little over a week. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I have officially put them down and no longer want to be a vampire.
- I was sick. I thought I had the Swine flu because I was just on a plane with gross air and nobody really knows where the plane had be flying, but lucky for me I had already gotten my flu shot and survived whatever it was I had.
- My mother in law is on my nerves. She'll be in town for Mother's Day and told Dave and I that she expects a big to do. I held my tongue on wanting to say "yes, I'm sure my own mother would appreciate me spending all Mother's day with you and not her."
- I'm back to working 8-5. Sorta, I have one day where I work 1pm -10pm. I'll let you know how it goes.
- I want my new fence. Please stop raining long enough for my new fence to go up. It's really really bad and my dogs have ran away (they're back safe and sound), gotten into all the surrounding neighbors' yards, and I think my neighbors really hate us, or at least our dogs.
- Someone at work is gunning for me. I'll blog about it later and hope that my super human powers do not fail me and she'll get canned (or at least reprimanded to the point she'll back the f*ck off my ass and worry about her own).
Monday, April 20, 2009
Me: (in my head) Is that a baby crying? Why can I hear my neighbors' baby cry? When did my neighbors have a baby? Oh my god, it's the serial killer who makes baby cries to lure women to open up their door.
Husband: "Damn Cat."
Me: "Of course."
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
- 6 evaluations
- 1 person actually not showing up for his/her evaluation
- Planning on firing that person that did not show up for his/her evaluation
- Having one of my employees accused of sexual harassment
- Turning over one entire department which happen to consist of the no show and the sexual harasser
This week has consisted of:
- Training two new employees to fill the spots of the previous empty spots
- Dealing with students that are unhappy about the turnover
- Trying to prepare for an accreditation visit that is scheduled for next week
There are stories within this, but I'm too tired to write about them. I hope everyone else is having a fabulous April Fool's Day. I love April for several reasons, which includes my birthday, but mainly because it leads to Spring!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Did I tell you I paid off my car? So excited. Thank you tax refund.
Work is kicking my ass. So much stuff and definitely not enough time to do it. We have an auto show we're representing at. These things take up too much time, but hopefully they'll back with students.
I have not had a chance to watch the latest episode of ANTM. I know Tyra wants out, but she does not disappoint. Her Charlie Angels acting is too funny. And she picked some f*cked up young ladies. Like the one that is fascinated with blood and she looks like a lemur. No joke, she does.
I'm ready for Spring and really wish I got a Spring Break again. I thought back about what I did for Spring Break during college and realized my Spring Breaks were spent traveling to basketball tournaments. That's when we were good and trips were really fun. I went to the TU game last night. Not as much fun since I was tired from my early morning work hours, but we won and that is fantastic! I hope we do really well in this tournament.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
We bought tickets, ended up with few upgraded tickets because Rachel's work gave her four tix right at 5 o'clock yesterday. Then we ended up in Tracy's mom's suite. It was fabulous. All the way around. I also fully enjoyed Jabbawockeez. Although it was really creepy when the mask starting coming apart, not on purpose.
Anyways, great concert last night. Very tired this morning. Step 1...
Monday, March 2, 2009
I slept Saturday away. Seriously. I woke up at 8:00 and let the dogs out. I left the couch once to take a shower and then immediately put my PJ's back on and slept until 6:00pm. I desperately needed it and feel revived!
I get my hair colored today!! What color shall I do this go around???
Oh! Today was a very successful Monday. We had our first class at the new college and things went pretty smoothly. So yeah to that!
Congratulations to Miss Kelly for getting engaged over the weekend! I'm so excited for you and as my engagement gift to you I will do your taxes for free!
Monday, February 23, 2009
I also worked all weekend. I was at a custom car show all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I crashed at 7 on Sunday. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm unproductive.
This morning, before 8, I found out two of my co-workers hate cheese. I was shocked by this. I had no idea that people could hate cheese. I love cheese and put it on almost everything. Who knew I was so close-minded about cheese?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Update: Because you're dying to hear my interview... http://www.oklahomatechnicalcollege.com/DidYouKnow.aspx
And there is a picture of my new hair cut, not the best picture though.
Last night I got my hair cut. I love it. It's not a true bob but looks chic just what I asked for. The issue I have is that my stylist is Rachel's old stylist. And every time I go in she of course asks about Rachel. I act like Rachel and I aren't really friends anymore and that my new marriage and job takes up all my time. Which isn't true in the least bit. So I need to know, should I officially tell the stylist that her and Rachel are broken up? One side of me thinks that I need to let the cat out of the bag and tell the stylist that Rachel has moved on and isn't going around with horrid non-cut non-died hair. But the other part thinks, who cares, it only lasts a few minutes of our initial conversation and then we move on to other things. What do you think?
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Weekend was good and low key. We celebrated love day with flowers delivered to me on Friday. I gave Dave the ShamWow - which he loves! On Saturday we bought Boulevard Wheat, made dinner, and played Wii. Good times.
I need a hair cut. Seriously, I'm about to pull a Brit Brit and shave my head. I put on my outlook calendar to make a hair appointment tomorrow, I have to make this priority! And since its been so long since I've cut my hair, I of course want to do something drastic. What shall I do? I'm open to suggestions...
Monday, February 9, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
My camera battery died and I didn't bring my charger so there are no pictures. But it was fun and not really educational, which is ok by me.
I've got a lot on my plate this week, which always seems to happen when coming back to work after a trip. We have our advisory board meeting tomorrow which I need to prepare for and we moving into the building today! Finally! It seems to be somewhat coming together which will be nice to actually have students and do the job we were hired to do.
Oh and my boss gave me Celine Dion tickets. Box tickets and I'm excited because I didn't think I was going to go.
Monday, January 26, 2009
I'm supposed to go to Vegas on Wednesday. Yet, tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to get another ice storm. I really hope I get to go to Vegas because my work already considers me a bad luck charm with travel and if I don't get to go to Vegas, I may not be invited to another work trip. Sigh.
Friday, January 23, 2009
So, with that, this is my excuse for not calling, emailing, texting. I'm busy. I'm busy trying to keep this new huge project that I'm in charge of to open. I'm busy trying to not take away too much of my time from my new marriage. And I'm busy being a sorority advisor. And some how I've let my friendships take a back burner. So, while I can't promise that I'll put them on top priority, I'm definitely going to make it an effort to make them a priority. Because in the end, I don't want to be that person who doesn't have any friends. That would be so sad.
Oh, and I still can't find my right black heel. This is really frustrating and I've been wearing too much brown.
Monday, January 12, 2009
- I can't find my black heel. This is really bothering me and making me late to work every morning I try to find it. It's not in my closet even though I pull out every pair of shoes and dig for it. This is driving me nuts that I can only find one heel.
- The Biggest Loser's twist this season. I believe kicking off 9 very obese people when they're so excited about attempting to lose weight is very cruel. Plus that means less reveals. This is disappointing.
- I've had two non work related meetings this weekend. One on Saturday night that lasted two hours. It started at 7pm. One Sunday this lasted 4 hours. (Technically, they were 2 separate meetings lasting about 2 hours a piece). And I have another tonight. I'm over meetings.
- I haven't worked out in two weeks.
- It's Monday.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
It really wasn't that cute in person.
This is an African Cat. It growls like a dog and jumps very high. I did go into the catch and feed it, but I really didn't want to hang out too long. Strangely enough, I had watch Cats 101 on TLC before the trip and they talked about how they are breeding these cats with domestic cats. They go for about $2500 and several states had made them illegal. I definitely wouldn't want one of those running around my house. It would probably eat my dogs!
After we finished feeding her, she growled and jumped at the cage door like she was going to attack us. It was scary! And the precautions these trainers take, I can't imagine how someone feels comfortable enough to roam around with them with no protection. The trainers never enter their cage, all the tigers are kept in separate cages unless they are in the display room. Then they only showcase two at a time.
Oh, because my work isn't really complete without embarrassing myself, on the first day of training my new predecessor, I hit her in the head with my chair.
Monday, January 5, 2009