Monday, November 16, 2009

WARNING: This is a Cranky Post

I'm not sure why I'm in a foul mood. Maybe because it went from a lovely 70 degrees to a cloudy and ugly 42 degrees. Maybe because I'm playing receptionist, even though I'm the f'ing Campus Director (never too important for any job right?) since the receptionist felt ill with a sore throat and what not. Maybe because my other coworkers are being imbeciles and are out to just piss me off. Whatever.

I had a great weekend in St. Louis. Maybe that's why I'm cranky? Since I spent all day driving back to T-town in the rain. Regardless, the weekend was great. The wedding was everything the bride wanted it to be. And even better, it was the last one of the year!!

It was a catholic ceremony and during the homily the Priest discussed a passage in Tobit about Sara and Tobias. It was Sara's 7th marriage because all of her previous husbands were killed by demons on the wedding night. So the Priest talks about other demons that can kill the marriage, like demon of laziness, demon of busyness, and demon of CONTRACEPTION. I swear he yelled it. He then went off about how contraception puts material walls between the marriages. It was just a touch over the top for a wedding ceremony.

I think today I just don't like people. Do you ever get that way? I feel like this is an only child syndrome. Growing up I spent a lot of time by myself. I was able to decompress and be alone without someone asking me my every thought. I don't think I was able to do that this weekend and therefore, everyone is pissing me off. This is one of the hardest parts about marriage for me. There are just times I need to be alone and he really doesn't get it. He takes it personally and tries even harder to spend time with me, i.e. actually laying on me. Then I get pissed off that he's laying on me and not leaving me alone. Sigh. Hopefully this mood will pass quickly.

3 comments:

katandkarl said...

1. driving in the rain ALWAYS makes me cranky - esp 400 miles or so!

2. karl has more of the OCS (only child syn) in our relationship... i HAVE TO HAVE PEOPLE AROUND AT ALL TIMES. i know it drives him crazy; i try hard to understand/let him have alone time!

Jax said...

hahaha! Totally get your disliking people thing. Today was a trying day I feel like... Sheesh. Even tho I'm the only child, Eric is definitely more the loner and it's funny.. but the difference is.. he'll deal with it whereas when I want to be alone, I am crazysauce like "GETAWAYFROMME" to whoever is in the vicinity. And boo on playing receptionist today.

Unknown said...

Ooo lady!!! I feel ya...completely. I've been in this mood for a week now :(
Gotta bust out the FRUIT JUICE or somethin'...just sayin'!!!