Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday = New Week

Last week was a really rough week in regards of my career.  I felt backstabbed, not supported, and a subordinate yelled at me.  I'll admit it, I cried.  Looking back, I would of course have handled things differently.  Such as politely asking my coworker to leave my office and return when she felt she could calmly discuss things with me.  Instead, I took the abuse and it took its toll on me.  I don't do well in aggressive situations.  I typically clam up and try to make myself as small as possible to disappear.  Once, someone described me as aggressive.  I don't believe this is an accurate description of me. I may be black and white, to the point and assertive. However, aggressive is forceful, hostile, and violent. I don't believe that describes me.

Anyways, it's a new week.  A new outlook.  I'm trying to remember that it's not the struggles that make us who we are, but how we handle them.  I'm trying very hard to forgive, forget and accept.

No comments: