Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just call me Chef Blaze

I grew up in a family where the men cook. Both my grandfathers cooked and my dad cooked. Somewhere along the line, my father got tired of cooking and we all just ate fast food. I then ventured into the realm of "out of the box" cooking. And sometimes that didn't even fare well; like when I would put the topping packet in instead of the sauce packet. Past roommates have known that if didn't come all in a box, I didn't make it.

Well, since marriage I have started to really cook. Going into the marriage, I thought I would make a couple of feeble attempts at cooking and then Dave would take it over. It turns out that I actually like cooking. This baffles me!

So to brag on my accomplishments I'm going to list what I've made. So far, things have turned out edible!
  • Enchiladas
  • Pizza (I cheat and buy the dough already cooked and made)
  • Pork chops (We had those yesterday, not too bad)
  • Asparagus
  • Humus
  • Tacos

That's all I can think of for now. It's not a long list, but I'm pretty damn proud of it!

No comments: